Thursday, February 8, 2018 / by Hardy Real Estate Group
Philadelphia is a winning city! Now that the Eagles have brought home the Lombardi Trophy for the first time in franchise history, Philadelphia has officially won a championship game for each of the major team leagues.
Phialdephia Eagles - Super Bowl LII: 2018
Philadelphia 76ers - NBA Championship: 1955, 1967, 1983
Philadelphia Phillies - World Series: 1980, 2008
Philadelphia Flyers - Stanley Cup: 1974, 1975
Not only is Philadelphia a rising champion in its sports leagues, it is also a winner in real estate. The Philadelphia home market is strong, and only continuing to get better. After all, who wouldn't want to live in the city of champions?!
There are homes available in nearly every price point throughout the city's top neighborhoods. At the start of January, the price for market-rate properties ranged from $58 to $1,620 per square foot, NeighborhoodX reports.
Check out the price per square foot in various Philadelphia cities with the cha! ...
eagles, housing market, philadelphia
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 / by Hardy Real Estate Group
Sure, selling a home own your own may sound like a great idea, you think you may save some money... but besides the time and stress that goes into taking on this daunting task, there are other problems that arise when listing a home "For Sale By Owner" (FSBO).
Our listing specialist at the Hardy Real Estate Group, Terry Scollin has highlighted some of the most common problems he heard of after home sellers came to him to list their home when it failed to sell FSBO.
1) Scams in the Market Place - Fraud is out there! As much as we feel sheltered to it with a "that will never happen to me" mindset, it is real and it is there. From fraudulent paperwork, to foreign deposit checks and distribution of personal information to faulty third-parties, scammers are hungry and will do anything to earn extra cash.
2) Liability for the Seller - We all make mistakes and that is okay, sometimes. When it is not okay is when a FSBO gets caught in the middle of a stickm ...
for sale by owner, realtor, selling a home
Thursday, January 4, 2018 / by Amy Paradysz
Buying a home is stressful, no doubt about it. For first time home buyers, it can be overwhelming, considering it is common to not know where to begin in the process.
Watch below to see our awesome Buyer Specialist, Scott Lipschutz, reviews the steps of the home buying process and shows off his office ping-pong skills ;).
Luckily, we have you covered. We summarized the entire home buying process from start to finish in this article, plus - check out the easy-to-use road map for a quick overview of each step below.
The Home Buying Process
1) If you have a home to sell, consult with your agent to list the property. Determine if you need the proceeds from the home sale to purchase your next home.
2) Find out how much you can afford to spend on a home. Interview with a mortgage lender and obtain a pre-approval.
3) Next, meet with your agent to set search criteria and determine your wants and needs. Ask your agent to help you break down the pre-approval ...
Friday, December 8, 2017 / by Amy Paradysz
1. 686 Knox Road, Wayne, PA 19087
Open Sunday, December 10
1PM - 3PM
"**Builder would be open to completing the unfinished area of the lower level to builder specifications with an acceptable agreement of sale.** Welcome to 686 Knox Road, a jaw-dropping new stone colonial, by Sposato homes, within the highly sought-after neighborhood of Colonial Village. This five bedroom, six full and one half bathroom home offers stunning, custom millwork throughout its open living space and 9ft ceilings across the entire first level. Step from the covered slate front porch into the grand foyer to be greeted by site finished, hardwood floors that span throughout most of the home. To the left of the entryway is the formal living room, welcoming guests with three large windows, coffered ceiling and a beautiful gas fireplace."
4,463 Sqaure Feet
Liz Burns, Lic# RS286607
Keller Williams Realty Devon-Wayne
2. 36 Clwyd Rd, Bala Cyn ...
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 / by Amy Paradysz
Just like that, Thanksgiving is over and the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season is in full swing! December 2017 is packed with things to do for the Holidays. Of course, there are an abundance of events going on in Center City Philadelphia, but there are also multiple events are happening right here on the Main Line (& surrounding areas)! Check out this list below to see some of our favorites!
1) Pet Photos at Braxton's Animal Works
Dec 3, 9, 10 | 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Braxton's Animal Works | 620 W Lancaster Ave, Wayne, PA
Cost: $10 sitting fee
No appointment necessary and kids welcome too! Photos are delivered via Snapfish.com.
2) West Chester Christmas Parade
Dec 1, 2017 | 7:15PM
The parade will start at New and Market Street, before traveling East on Market Street. From there, the parade will head North on Matlack Street, then West on Gay Street, and finally, finish South down New Street.
"It’s that time again—let&rsqu" ...